POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 8 (45KBU) : Re: Take 8 (45KBU) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 8 (45KBU)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 23 Mar 2001 07:31:45
Message: <3abb4231@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> "H.E. Day" <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote in message

> The colour on the canvas seems a bit bright (it looks better IMHO on the
> blimp where the distance has faded it).

I disagree.  The brightness of the colors is wonderful, IMO.

> Also, the canvas wrinkles seem too large and have the effect of scaling down
> the image. To be honest, I don't like the canvas - it seems too decorative
> on such a utilitarian structure.

Whereas I think it adds a much needed human element and contrast.  I do
think they're possibly too large (assuming those little bright spots are
windows), but I love the idea and concept.

It looks a little strange to have the flags right in front (behind?) the
thrusters on the near blimp (and I guess the others).  Since there is
obvious thrust coming out of those on the station, I have to question it.
On the other hand, it looks cool, and maybe those pods aren't thrusters at
all.

The blimps are larger than I thought.  I notice now that the nearest one is
just behind one of the flags in one spot.  At least now I have scale. ;)

Geoff